So, last weekend one of my favorite pin-up models, Masuimi Max, was in San Francisco. I was SO SO SO excited! I bought VIP tickets, hoping to meet her and take a picture with her. But to make a long story short, I did NOT end up making it to the event. I was, and still am, crushed that I missed out on that chance to meet her. :(
However, I DID get all dressed up, so I thought I'd at least share my LOTN (Look of the Night) " with you. ENJOY! :)
|Nails: Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Animal Instinct (pink zebra pattern), Essie in Black Licorice|
|Knit Romper: Betsey Johnson|
|Ring: Aldo Accessories|
I LOVE my "We Who See" shoes. They are hands down my go-to pair of platforms. They are super comfy and cushioned inside, and they're black so they go with EVERYTHING!!! :))) This particular pair I got at Urban Outfitters last year.
The zipper on the inside adds nice detail to this simple, leather shoe.
Urban Decay recently came out with a couple new pencils. As you know, I am a huge fan of the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils. I use "Zero" pretty much every day! So, when I heard they were coming out with a fuchsia pencil, I had to get one.
WOODSTOCK is the perfect, pearly color and has the same creamy, long-wear consistency as expected. For this look, I used it as a base for the pink color on my lower lids. It also helped give a solid, clean line on the top edge.
Special shout out to Sugarpill Cosmetics. I got the Burning Love Palette last year, and after using it for a while, it has become my go-to pick for matte colors. It is really hard to find matte shadows that give good color payoff without being too chalky, so I can appreciate the nice consistency of this palette. (I have been meaning to try some of the other colors. Hmmm...maybe there's another Sugarpill Review in my future ;))
|Necklace: Hot Topic|
|Sephora Artist Lipstick Palette|
I have had this palette for a while and it still soft and creamy. The case must be really good about keeping air out. (Very nice!) You can tell by the picture that this has been loved; it is a bit messy. This palette is great for travel because it doesn't take up space, but you still have an array of basic colors at your fingertips.
Products I used:
- Laura Mercier- Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (nude)
- Make Up For Ever- Full Cover Concealer (4)
- Jane Iredale- Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder (warm sienna)
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder (translucent)
- Temptu- Retouch Highlighter
- Primer- Urban Decay (eden)
- Browbone- MAC Pigment (vanilla)
- Lid- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (knight #626)
- Lid- Urban Decay "The Black Palette" (Black Dog)
- Crease- Sugarpill "Burning Heart Palette" (poison plum)
- Inner Corner of Eye- MAC Eye Shadow (pink freeze)
- Lower Lid- Make Up For Ever Blush Powder (No. 26) and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (woodstock)
- Eye Liner (top)- MAC Fluidline (blacktrack)
- Eye Liner (lower water line)- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner (23L)
- Eye Liner (lower lash line)- Lancome Le Crayon Kohl (black ebony)
- Mascara- Lancome Cils Booster XL, Cover Girl LashBlast Volume (very black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash
- Lashes- Ardell Double Up (#203, black)
- Make Up For Ever- Eyebrow Corrector (0)
- Anastasia- Express Brow Kit (blonde powder)
- Anastasia- Brow Pen (universal shade)
- Lip Liner- MAC Lip Liner (beet)
- Sephora- Artist Liipstick Palette (crush 23)