I am very excited to share this new post with you. GlossyBox, which was started in the UK, has made its way over to the States. How exciting, right!??!? :D
About the company:
"GlossyBox is the most desirable platform for accessing the hottest beauty products and the most cutting-edge trends. Luxury and style are the essence of who we are and what we will bring to you. This is our promise to you every month."
Here is how it works:
1. WANT IT- Each month you will receive a box of 5 travel-size products selected to match your beauty wants and needs.
2. GET IT- It is easy to sign up for the monthly subscription. Once you have an account, you will create an online beauty profile to determine which products make it into your box.
3. LOVE IT- Based on your beauty profile, a GlossyBox will arrive on your doorstep each month filled with goodies and surprises.
Sounds amazing. Doesn't it? And it only costs $30 a month!
I am sure you are anxious to see what's inside the first U.S. GlossyBox, but you needn't wait any longer...
Here is what came in my box:
- Product Menu (with names and prices of the products)
- The GlossyBox Trend Guide (reports trends from around the World)
- BASQ Cucumber Tea Eye Gel
- OPI "Kiss Me on My Tulips"
- C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Body Lotion
- Cargo EyeBronzer
- Erno Laszlo Hollywood Collection
- Kryolan High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine (Toffee)
BASQ Cucumber Tea Eye GelThis stuff is so refreshing! It instantly cools and tingles upon application, so it is perfect for the upcoming summer months. Although it can be used night or day, I prefer it for daytime use. It absorbs quickly so it can be used under makeup, and the instant de-puffing and moisturizing effects are perfect for perking up your peepers in the a.m.
OPI "Kiss Me on My Tulips"I am already a huge fan of OPI polish. They have been my go-to brand when it comes to nails for many years. This is such a fun, bright color. I used it in a bohemian look where I painted each nail a different color, then I drew on various details with a Sally Hansen nail polish pen.
C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Body LotionThis lightweight formula is like visiting the spa. Perfect for use before bedtime. this lotion has calming properties because of the lavender, and invigorating properties because of the peppermint. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling silky, soft without feeling heavy or filmy. This has become a bedside staple and I use it every night. :)
Cargo EyeBronzerIt was fun trying this product. I rarely use eye shadows that come in containers like this because I prefer to use my brushes rather than the included applicator. However, this is perfect for when you are on-the-go. Having the built-in sponge tip applicator makes this product very convenient. The color can be used on its own for a more natural look or it can be combined with darker colors for a smokier look.
Erno Laszlo Hollywood Collection
It was my first time using the New York based skin care line. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I am always a bit hesitant to try new products, but this stuff is great. It didn't irritate my skin at all. My favorite product was the "morning beauty rescue." Inspired by Hollywood beauty Marilyn Monroe, this stuff refreshes and invigorates your skin, getting you ready for the day ahead.
Kryolan High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine (Toffee)This was my first time trying Kryolan lip gloss and... WOW! I am a new fan. It goes on like a liquid lipstick, but isn't sticky. The formulation lasts for hours unlike other glosses that require constant reapplication. I am not a huge fan of nude lip colors (on me), but I definitely want to get this gloss in other colors!
What I LOVE about GlossyBox:
- The packaging is super f-a-b!!! The box itself is really nice quality, as in I will save this box and repurpose it as storage! And it is PINK!!! There are tons of cute details like the pink tissue paper, GlossyBox seal and printed ribbon. (Presentation is everything).
- The company says "travel-size," but these are more like FULL-SIZE!!! Only one item in my box was like a sample. Everything else was a regular-size product.
- The monthly subscription concept is great, in my opinion. It gives Makeup Junkies a chance to try new products that they may not have tried otherwise.
- The products, the experience and the company make the monthly cost more than worthwhile! The value of this GlossyBox far exceeds its retail value.
I cannot wait to share my next GlossyBox with you. Check back soon to see more.
Stay gorgeous everyone!!!