I want to share a limited edition collection by Anastasia of Beverly Hills with you all. The See and Be Seen Kit has been available since May 2012 and will be on sale for a limited time only.
As you all know, I am a huge fan of the brand because of the quality products it puts out. And if you don't already know, Anastasia is know for its excellent brow products. She is the BROW QUEEN!!!
For this post, I am keeping it very light and natural. I have skipped eyeliner and false lashes. Although I love extreme looks, sometimes it is nice to keep things simple. When I am pressed for time and trying to get ready quickly, this is my go-to makeup application. (If you're worried I've gone all-natural on you, fear not. I have a wild and bright post coming up very soon ;)).
What is included in the 4-piece See and Be Seen Set:
- Tinted Brow Gel
- 2 Lip Glosses- Plastica and Heiress
- Illumin8 Eye Shadow Duo in "On Set"
Tinted Brow Gel:
The classic brow gel is a staple in most makeup arsenals, and this new tinted brow gel won't be any different. It provides the same non-clumpy hold as the original does, but it also adds a slight golden shimmer to the brows.
I use the regular brow gel on a daily basis, and save this one for special occasions or for when I want an extra golden touch to my look. I must say I was skeptical of the new brow gel, but it is a nice complement to my newly blonde brows.
OMG! I love these glosses!!! They remind me of patent leather because they have a similar texture, but they are not too sticky. For a gloss, these offer a lot of color payoff. I tried layering them over lipstick, but it was too much, these do have a thicker consistency compared to other glosses. In my opinion, these are better worn alone. Think of the hydrafull glosses almost as a liquid lipstick/gloss hybrid.
As I mentioned in my previous Anastasia review, which can be seen here, the applicators are made of a soft, flexible plastic piece that is in a tear-drop shape.
Illumin8 Eye Shadow Duo in "On Set":
The eye shadow comes with two shades that can be worn wet or dry. One shade is a light golden color. The other is a deeper, bronze-gold color. Both shades glide on smoothly and have a beautiful shimmer to them.
For a smokier look, I used NYX jumbo eye pencil as a base on the lid, then layered the darker gold Illumin8 eye shadow over it.
The See and Be Seen set is available at Sephora:
- $44 ($80 value)
- Limited Edition
- 4-Piece Set
Anastasia of Beverly Hills also sent me this cute, vintage slideshow viewer to go along with my kit. What a fun extra!!!
It had super cute promotional images for the See and Be Seen Set and Lash Genius.
"See and Be Seen" Natural Look of the Day:
Products I used:
- 100% Pure- Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (golden peach)
- Make Up For Ever- Full Cover Concealer (4)
- Jane Iredale- Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder (warm sienna)
- Primer- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Browbone- Anastasia "On the Set Duo" (lighter shade)
- Lid- Anastasia "On the Set Duo" (darker shade)
- Lid- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (iced mocha #617)
- Lower Lid- Anastasia "On the Set Duo" (darker shade)
- Mascara- Lancome Hypnose Drama (black)
- Anastasia of Beverly Hills- Brow Powder (blonde)
- Make Up For Ever- Brow Corrector (#0)
- Anastasia of Beverly Hills- Hydrafull Gloss (heiress)
- Benefit (bella bamba)
This stuff is ah-mazing! It is a clear, waterproof top coat for lashes. You can layer it over any mascara to make it waterproof.
I used to hate looking for waterproof formulas when I already had regular formulas that I loved. Now I don't have to search for special formulas, I can use my regular mascaras and just layer a coat of Lash Genius when I need waterproofing.
What's nice, you can also carry it in your purse just in case you are going to come into some unexpected rain or moisture. It is great to use during the summer if you live or vacation in humid areas. Nobody wants their mascara to wander unexpectedly.
- Lash Genius is available at Sephora for $21. (Keep reading for your chance to win a tube of Lash Genius).
As part of this review, I am also hosting a GIVEAWAY!!! One lucky follower will win their very own Lash Genius to try!
- You MUST be a public follower of my blog via Google Friend Connect (GFC) or Twitter
- Comment on this post and be sure to include your email address AND your favorite Anastasia of Beverly Hills product!
And it is just that easy to enter!!! Good luck everyone! :)
*The winner will be randomly selected at on July 22, 2012 at 11:00pm PST. A notification email will be sent to the winner and he/she must reply within 24 hours. If there is no response, then a new winner will be selected.